Grande Vacations™is an online service that provides recommendations for hotels, resorts, inns, vacations, travel packages, travel guides and lots more. Our Web site is part of the RJ TravelAdvisors™® Mainshore Media Network, which is owned and operated by RedaJames™ LLC. More details about Grande Vacations™LLC can be found below under “How you can contact us.” We understand that providing information online involves a great deal of trust on your part. We take this trust very seriously, and make it a high priority to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal information you provide to us. Before submitting your personal information to our Web site, please read this Policy carefully to learn about our privacy practices. By visiting Grande Vacations™ Web site, www.grandevacations.com, you are accepting the practices described herein. What information we collect from you
We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. This includes information that can identify you ("personal information"), including your first and last name, telephone number, postal and e-mail addresses, user name and password. We may also request information about your travel plans, style, and preferences, including meal requests, seat selection, frequent flyer/hotel/car rental program information, and flight class, luggage, and ticketing options. You can choose not to provide information to us, but in general some information about you is required in order for you to enjoy the benefits of being a registered member. For example, only registered members are able to post travel reviews, participate in discussion forums, e-mail Grande Vacations™content to themselves and others, access members-only newsletters and travel planning content, and enter surveys, contests, or sweepstakes. In addition, some information is also required in order for you to ask us a question or initiate other transactions on our site.
Information About Others
You will have the opportunity to provide contact information for other people through our Web site. You should obtain the consent of other individuals prior to providing Grande Vacations™with their personal information. Information from Other Sources.
We also may periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from affiliated entities, business partners and other independent third-party sources and add it to other information about you. For example, if you visit Grande Vacations™by “clicking-through” from a site operated by one of our business partners, and you have registered with that partner, then information about you that you have provided to that partner may be shared with us, such as contact information and demographic information. As another example, if you access third party services, such as social media services, through our Web site or before coming to our Website, we may collect information such as your user name, password, and other information made available to us through those services in order to improve and personalize your use of our Web site.
We have partnered with Facebook to provide Instant Personalization on Grande Vacations™ for members of Facebook. If you have Instant Personalization set to "enabled" in your Facebook privacy settings and you are logged into Facebook, then Grande Vacations™will be personalized for you when you visit the Web site, even if you are a first-time user of Grande Vacations™Web site. For example, we will show you reviews that your Facebook friends have posted on Grande Vacations™and places they have visited. In order to provide you with this personalized experience, Facebook provides us with information that you have chosen to make available pursuant to your Facebook privacy settings. That information may include your name, profile picture, gender, friend lists and any other information you have chosen to make available.
When you first visit RJ TravelAdvisors™, you will see an option to turn off Instant Personalization in just one click. If you decide to turn it off at a later date, you can do so by first logging into Facebook and clicking on the disable link on this page, or by scrolling over the “Learn More” link on the top of the page on Grande Vacations™and clicking on “How to turn off personalization”. You can also turn off Instant Personalization by editing your privacy settings on Facebook. Please note that, if you have Facebook friends who are using RJ TravelAdvisors™, they may also have shared information about you with us through Facebook. If you wish to prevent that sharing, you can do so by editing your Facebook privacy settings.
We automatically collect some information about your computer when you visit RJ TravelAdvisors™. For example, we will collect session data, including your IP address, Web browser software, and referring Web site. We also may collect information about your online activity, such as content viewed and pages visited. One of our goals in collecting this automatic information is to help us understand the interests of our users and customize your user experience. Cookies and Other Web Technologies.
• To help us customize the content, website experience, and advertisements provided to you on our websites and on other websites across the Internet. For example, when you access a web page, a cookie is automatically set by us, our service providers, or our partners to recognize your browser as you navigate on the Internet and to present you with information and advertising based on your apparent interests.
• To help measure and research the effectiveness of website features and offerings, advertisements, and e-mail communications (by determining which e-mails you open and act upon). The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers should tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable most types of cookies. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies, you may not be able to access many of the travel tools offered on our sites. Our sites also may use Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or Web bugs), which are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, that are placed in the code of a Web page. We use Web beacons to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page within our sites to another, to deliver or communicate with cookies, to understand whether you have come to our site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party Web site, and to improve site performance. We also may allow our service providers to use Web beacons to help us understand which emails have been opened by recipients and to track the visitor traffic and actions on our site. This helps us measure the effectiveness of our content and other offerings.
Display of Advertising/Your Choices
Data collected to serve you with relevant advertising
Grande Vacations™and its affiliated websites are committed to providing you with relevant content and information across our sites. To do this, we may collect information about your travel-related searches, such as whether you are looking for airline flights or hotels, and use this information to serve you with ads on our sites or elsewhere online that match your apparent interests. So, for example, if you search for a flight to Florida on RJ TravelAdvisors™.com, you may see an ad for a Florida travel package on RJ TravelAdvisors™.com or on another website you visit.
We do not share your personal information (such as email addresses) with unaffiliated third parties so they can serve you with advertisements. You can choose not to receive relevant online advertising on other Web sites, based on your travel-related searches on RJ Travel Advisors™.com.
Information About Your Location
When you use a Grande Vacations™application (the "Application") on a mobile phone or tablet device ("Device"), we will collect and use information about you in broadly the same way and for substantially similar purposes as when you use a Grande Vacations™website. In addition, we may collect information about your location, if you have instructed your Device to send such information to the Application, via the privacy settings on that Device, or if you have uploaded photos tagged with location information. We will use the location information collected from your Device or photos to enhance your use of the Application. For example, we may use your location to show you reviews of hotels or restaurants near you. You can change the privacy settings of your Device at any time, in order to turn off the functionality to share location information with the Application and/or the functionality to tag your photos with location information. If you have any queries about the privacy settings of your Device, we suggest you contact the manufacturer of your Device or your mobile service provider for help.
Call Recording and Monitoring
How we use your information
• Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs, and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including as necessary to operate features of our website or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
• Business partners with whom we may offer products or services in conjunction. You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear either with ours or separately. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners.
• Referring Web sites. If you were referred to Grande Vacations™from another Web site, we may share your registration information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number and travel preferences, about you with that referring Web site. We have not placed limitations on the referring Web sites’ use of personal information and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any Web site that referred you to RJ Travel Advisors™.
• Social Media Services. You can choose to access certain third party social media Web sites and services through our site (such as Facebook). When you do so, you are sharing information with those sites, and the information you share will be governed by their privacy policies. You may also be able to modify your privacy settings with these third party social media web sites.
We also may share your information:
• In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
• When we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of RJ TraveAdvisors™, our members, or others; and in connection with our Terms of Service and other agreements.
• In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
If you choose to create a profile on Grande Vacations™, certain information in your profile will be publicly viewable and identifiable via your screen name. You will have the ability to view your profile as members of the public will see it. Additionally, if you choose to participate in our member-to-member communications programs, other Grande Vacations™members may contact you by using Grande Vacations™as an intermediary; however, Grande Vacations™will not share your email address with any other members nor display it any public manner. All Grande Vacations™members have the option to turn off the member-to-member communication features at any time. Other than as set out above, you will be notified when personal information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information. We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors our Web site receives or the most popular hotels and vacation destinations. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.
How you can access your information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your information is relevant to its intended use, accurate, and complete. You can access and update your contact information by visiting the Member Profile page on the Grande Vacations™Web site. You can close your Grande Vacations™account by contacting us at the email address listed below. We will send you an e-mail to confirm your request. Please note that after you close an account, you will not be able to sign in or access any of your personal information. However, you can open a new account at any time. Please also note that we may retain certain information associated with your account in our archives, including for analytical purposes as well as for recordkeeping integrity. Your choices with respect to the collection and use of your information
• As discussed above, you can choose not to provide us with any information, although it may be needed to take advantage of certain features offered on RJ Travel Advisors™.
• You also can add or update information and close your account as described above.
• As a registered Grande Vacations™member, you can modify your e-mail subscription choices at any time on the Member Profile page. Whether registered as a Grande Vacations™member or not, you also will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from promotional messages in any such e-mail we send. Please note that we reserve the right to send you other communications, including service announcements, administrative messages, and surveys relating either to your Grande Vacations™account, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
• Email Communications. Grande Vacations™.com wants to make it easy for you to take advantage of travel-related opportunities on our Web site. One way we do this is by sending you e-mail messages that contain information about your apparent travel-related interests. For example, if you search for a flight to New York, or New York hotels or reviews on Grande Vacations™.com, we may send you an email message reminding you about special airfare or hotel offers in New York. Similarly, if you receive an email about New York travel and demonstrate an interest in New York hotels, flights, or local travel reviews by affirmatively clicking on a link about New York hotels in the email, you may receive an email about New York hotel or flight offers. We believe these email messages will provide you with useful information about travel-related special offers available through our sites. Please note that you will have the opportunity to choose not to receive these email messages in any such email we send.
• The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies from Grande Vacations™, you will not be able to access portions of our site.
How we protect your information
We want you to feel confident about using Grande Vacations™, and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no Web site can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they only may do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting your personal information between your system and ours, and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information. Children's privacy Grande Vacations™is a general audience site and does not offer services directed to children. Should an individual whom we know to be a child under age 13 send personal information to us, we will delete or destroy such information as soon as reasonably possible.
Visiting our Web sites from outside the United States
If you are visiting our Web site from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where our servers are located and our central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country, but please be assured that Grande Vacations™does take steps pursuant to laws in the United States to ensure that your privacy is protected. By using our services, you understand that your information may be transferred to our facilities and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy.
Your California privacy rights
How you can contact us
Kansas City, KS, USA
©2015 Grande Vacations™C/O RedaJames LLC. All rights reserved.